Advantages Of Selling Your Car To A Dealership
When you come to Ganley’s Mayfield Nissan in Ohio to buy a new or pre-owned vehicle, you still have to decide what to do about your old one. You can sell it to a private individual and make more money in the beginning because buyers can offer the high Blue Book value. We can only give you the wholesale value because we need to resell your vehicle and make a profit. But selling your car to a dealership like us offers you many advantages.
How Much Is Your Time Worth?
When you sell a car to a dealership like us, all you have to do is bring it to our facility, accept our offer, and hand over the keys. No repairs, cleaning, or prep is necessary. You can then drive off in whatever you buy.
If you decide to sell the private individual, you have to do the following:
· Repair everything from a major engine problem to torn upholstery. Otherwise, every little thing will lessen its value in the eyes of a buyer.
· Give the interior and exterior a good cleaning because nobody wants to buy a dirty car.
· Take good pictures inside and out.
· Create an ad with those pictures and some marketing copy that you can place online or in the local paper.
· Respond to phone calls, texts, and emails about your ad from potential buyers.
· Schedule test drives with people who want to see the car. Be patient when most don’t show up.
· Haggle for a price and accept payment, which you hope will clear at the bank.
· Take care of the paperwork to transfer ownership to the buyer.
Which method takes less time and how much is your time worth?
The Price Of Honesty
Most buyers simply want a good deal and will treat you fairly when you try to sell your car to them. However, since this is just a one-time transaction, you have to watch out for that one or two people were out to take advantage of you.
You think that everything is okay after they drive off with your old vehicle. But then they come back a few days or weeks later, demanding that you refund the money because the car is not performing as you promised. Worse yet, they may initiate a lawsuit that you will have to defend against with an expensive lawyer. They’ll try to get their money back and keep the car.
When you deal with us, you can forget about your vehicle after you accept our offer. We have every incentive to make sure that you are happy with the transaction. We boast a good reputation in the community that we can only uphold if we treat everyone fairly and honestly. We also would like you to become our customer and that will only happen if you feel that we are above board.
If you trade-in rather than just sell your vehicle to us, you may save more money in the long run. We will be able to give you a slightly higher value, which you can then use as a credit on your purchase.
Your auto loan will then be lower, which will reduce your monthly installments, lower the total interest paid, and minimize your total expense. Your sales tax will also go down because, in Ohio, that tax is charged on the price of the vehicle minus any trade-in allowance.
For example, assume you want to buy a $30,000 vehicle at an Annual Percentage Rate of 3 percent over a term of 48 months annual percentage rate.
· If you don’t have a trade-in, you will be paying $664 a month for a total cost of $31,872.
· If you contribute a trade-in worth $6,000, your monthly payment goes down to $531 for a total cost of $25,488. You saved $6,384, which is more than what the trade-in was worth.
If you want to sell or trade-in your current vehicle and are interested in buying a new or pre-owned car, please contact us at Ganley’s Mayfield Nissan. We’ll get everything started by inviting your down for a test drive.